Before you submit your manuscript online at http://submit.genetics.org, ensure that:
- All authors have read and approved the manuscript.
- All authors have read the data policy and all data is in accordance with the policy.
- You have included a statement on data and reagent availability.
- The title is concise, informative, avoids jargon and includes the name of the organism under study.
- You have chosen five keywords.
- You have prepared a 100-word article summary.
- You have prepared a cover letter.
- You have the names of any suggested or excluded editors (see list of editors). You should list the reason for the exclusion in the Cover Letter. You can nominate up to four suggested and one excluded editors.
- You have the name and contact details of any suggested or excluded reviewers. You can nominate up to four suggested and two excluded reviewers.
- You have the full names, addresses and institutions of all authors. You can also enter any author ORCID iDs if desired.
- You have the manuscript IDs of any companion papers, if this is the last of a group of papers being submitted together.
- If this is a resubmission or revision, you have prepared a detailed response to reviews.
To make the process easier, you can submit your entire manuscript (including tables, figures, legends) as a single PDF, with whatever fonts, line spacing, and format that you choose. This gives you a great deal of flexibility. We recommend that you still submit supplemental files separately. If, however, you prefer to submit your manuscript as separate files, please have the following files ready to upload:
- A single manuscript file, excluding Figures/Tables, in Microsoft Word format. You can also submit a PDF of the manuscript file, including Figures/Tables. If you choose this option, you do not need to submit individual Figures and Tables described in (2) and (3) below.
- Individual Figure files in any of the following formats: TIFF, JPEG, GIF, Microsoft PowerPoint, EPS, or Adobe Illustrator. Each file should be less than 10 MB in size.
- A single file containing Tables in Microsoft Word format.
- Any Supplemental Files. Each file should be less than 5 MB in size. Examples include cover art, response to reviews, unpublished works cited or work under consideration and permission letters.